tirsdag den 13. januar 2009

The first acquired album of the year, "A Beginning, A Detour, An Open Ending"


My mind is spinning and schisms flourishing... in times like these, music is my salvation

I'm in love, in love with Tina Dickow's voice and most of all her invigorating and inspiring lyrics...

'A New Situation' has been following me the last week and it is describing my state of mind more than my own words could do so....



A New Situation
From time to time
The tables turn
You cross a line
And get your fingers burnt
Suddenly is a new situation

From day to day
Dot to dot
Case to case
'til the cord is cut
Suddenly is a new situation

Everybody wants to believe they hold a ticket
To the train to the promised land
Everybody wants to believe it ain't no lie
One day I woke up from a dream on a rocket
Coming back from another planet
I don't think I'm ever gonna understand
Why

Nothing is what it used to be
These white walls are all new to me
Time is the doctor and I'm his patient
I don't know what he's done to me
A gentle push or brain surgery
It's gonna take some imagination
This new situation

From A to Z
Through and through
The destiny
I thought I knew
Suddenly is an open ending

I learnt the tricks
I did the time
My eyes are fixed
On the finishing line
All it is, is a new beginning

Everybody dreams of a happy-ever-after
And gold at the rainbow's end
Everybody wants to believe it ain't no lie
Everybody wants the machine to run faster, faster
Out of hand
I don't think I'm ever gonna understand
WHY

Ingen kommentarer: